Prudêncio becomes a member of the National Association of Green Roofs
Sustainability has been part of Prudêncio’s core since its beginning. This means that we favor environmentally responsible materials and processes in our works. And, for this reason, we are very proud to become effective members of the ANCV (National Association of Green Roofs). Read on to learn more.
What is ANCV?
ANCV (National Association of Green Roofs) is a non-profit Civil Society Association.
Its main goal is the promotion of green infrastructures in cities, especially those that can be installed in buildings (new or pre-existing), such as green roofs, showing their enormous importance, and the countless contributions they can make so that it is possible to create healthy, sustainable, biodiverse and resilient urban territories.
What are the Association’s actions?
Within the scope of its mission, ANCV develops a set of actions, such as:
- Promotion, with the Government and Municipalities, of green roofs as part of the environmental and energy strategies;
- Promotion and dissemination of scientific studies that demonstrate the numerous services that green roofs provide;
- Establishment of relations and development of work with similar associations at European level, with a special focus on those that share the typical climatic conditions of the Mediterranean;
- Creation of a national database of green roofs;
- Organization and promotion of training and dissemination events;
- Editing of technical specifications that promote good projects and good works;
- Dissemination of studies, standards, and national and international technical guides;
- Participation in the creation and review of the sector’s national regulations and legislation.
At Prudêncio, we advise our clients, whenever possible, to choose green roofs in the renovation of the existing building and to include them in new projects.
Our specialized team provides an integral solution, from the waterproofing, insulation, and drainage system to the design and construction of the garden or green space.
What are the advantages of green roofs?
Green roofs have several advantages, such as:
- Better thermal insulation and energy saving: A green roof increases the insulation and energy efficiency of the building. Due to their properties, they minimize energy flows between the exterior and interior. They provide greater comfort and a remarkable reduction in energy costs – heating in the winter and air conditioning in summer.
- Better absorption and sound insulation: The vegetation layer and the design of the system effectively reduce ambient and impact noise levels caused by hail, rain, people moving, or furniture.
- Increases life expectancy: Green roofs protect waterproofing membranes and other materials from UV and IR rays, ozone as well as perforations and physical damage. It also protects the building from extreme temperature variations, extending its service life, and limiting the need for expensive maintenance.
- Better urbanism and living space: A living roof favors the return of nature to the city, inviting birds, butterflies and other fauna to create a new habitat on the roof. On the other hand, it offers the inhabitants functional and relaxing spaces.
- Better air quality, better urban climate: The vegetation filters and absorbs polluted air particles such as Co2, dust, and heavy metals and produces oxygen. It also makes possible the gradual release of moisture which contributes to the improvement of the air and to the balance of the ambient temperature.
- Water-saving and lower load on urban drainage networks: Vegetable roofs absorb large amounts of rainwater and delays its flow, reducing flow and pressure on the pipes and the consequent risk of flooding or transshipment of sewage. Promotes water saving by decreasing watering cycles.
Do you want to know more about our solutions? Get in touch with us!