Choose sustainable waterproofing solutions
Sustainability is more than a trend, it is a responsibility we all share. The construction sector has also favored more responsible and harmless solutions for the environment. At Prudêncio, we work with some of the most ecological and sustainable solutions on the market. Read on to learn more.
Exclusive partnership with the KÖSTER brand
In order to privilege the application of sustainable waterproofing solutions in our clients’ projects, we have established partnerships with reference brands in the market, as is the special case of KÖSTER.
Environmental responsibility, sustainability, and technical superiority are the pillars that support our partnership with this German brand.
KÖSTER is one of the oldest manufacturers of TPO in the world and we are representatives and exclusive applicators in Portugal of the brand for this type of product and system.
Sustainable waterproofing membranes
KÖSTER’s TPO waterproofing membranes are distinguished by their ecological and sustainable character, as well as their efficiency and durability. These last two features are also linked to sustainability since a solution that is more efficient and that lasts longer prevents waste of water and materials and avoids the need for interventions.
These membranes were even distinguished with the Gold classification, the highest for sustainable construction awarded by the German institution Institut Bauen und Umwelt e.V. (IBU). The distinction is due to the various benefits they represent for the environment, since:
- They do not contain toxic or dangerous compounds;
- They are fully recyclable;
- They do not contain plasticizers and non-molecular binders like PVC membranes;
- They have high resistance to UVs, ozone, and high temperatures;
- They are resistant to perforation of roots;
- They are resistant to all climatic conditions, such as hail, for which they are also certified;
- They are resistant to acids, solvents, oils, and alcohol. They don’t rot;
- Allow direct application over any thermal insulation;
- Reflect sunlight;
- They require reduced maintenance;
- They have a life span of over 40 years when exposed.
KÖSTER TPO membranes can be applied to roofs, terraces, water tanks, and other areas of a building. They are officially certified for use under the soil, vegetation, and vegetables by the German Institute Hochschule Weihenstephan – Triesdorf and have the FLL certification, the most demanding test for approving the use of membranes in gardens or green roofs.
In addition, they meet the most stringent hygienic requirements for drinking water environments in accordance with German DVGW W 270 standards and the Institute’s KTW guidelines in Gelsenkirchen, Germany.
Waterproofing large buildings in an ecological way
We believe that in every work, we should choose environmentally friendly and efficient building materials, and larger buildings despite the challenges, should not be an exception.
For these situations, KÖSTER developed TPO PRO, a specialized thermoplastic polyolefin membrane for roofs with large areas, which should only be installed by professional applicators, such as Prudêncio.
Some features of this solution:
- Approximately 70% of its composition comes from recycled polymers;
- Expected useful life of about 30 years;
- 100% Recyclable after its life cycle;
- Combination of function and sustainability;
- Without plasticizers, solvents, volatile organic compounds, chlorine and halogens;
- Better use of resources and environmentally sustainable;
- Great opportunity for a DGNB platinum certificate.
Other solutions from KÖSTER
Environmental responsibility is transversal to the brand’s various waterproofing solutions, such as KÖSTER Crisin 76 Concentrate, a solution to eliminating rising damp.
There are several reasons that make this an effective and sustainable solution. We can highlight the fact that it is made from renewable raw materials, that it is free of odors, solvents and VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds) and that it has no harmful effect on the environment and people.
Get in touch with us
The application of these solutions requires technical and thorough work, as they are tailor-made, demanding, and meticulous solutions.
At Prudêncio we are technically specialized to perform these services and present unique solutions that stand out in the market. We offer professional advice and specialized technical support. Consult us for more detailed information.
SEE ALSO: The importance of KÖSTER